Thursday, February 21, 2013

Lizard skin nail art

Hello!

Today's 365 prompt is to make something inspired by the world of reptiles. I've been seeing manis using bathroom poufs for a while and I decided to try using them to get a scaly design. Painting over the mesh just made a mess, so I used it to dab on top of the nail kind of like the syran wrap technique.


It made this kind of textured flaky look, I think if I used higher contrasting polishes the texture would stand out more.


I started with a base of green and let it dry a bit, then I put a light coat of gold over it and pressed/dabbed the mesh over it.


Here's the polishes I used:

L.A colors basecoat/topcoat,
CQ golden green,
Lakme fast and fabulous 40" gold caramel,
a bathroom pouf,
and N.Y.C extra shiny top coat.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. It does look cool. It has a reptile feel to it.

    ReplyDelete