Friday, January 25, 2013

The new 31 days challenge Day 26 inspired by your country

Hello!

Today's challenge is to create a mani inspired by your country. I wanted to do something different from boring red, white, and blue so I picked something quite different! I picked five different national parks I've been to and painted each of my nails to represent each one.


My index finger is a geyser from Yellowstone in Wyoming, my middle finger is an arch from Arches in Utah, my ring finger is the Grand Canyon in Arizona, my pinkie has redwood trees from Redwoods in California, and on my thumb from my own state I have Crater lake in Oregon.


I used a sponge to do the steam on the geyser, but besides that all the details are done with a striping brush. I especially like how the geyser looks, I think the steam came out great.



Here's the polishes I used:

L.A colors basecoat/topcoat,
Pure ice free spirit,
Pure ice a-list,
Wet n wild wild shine french white creme,
Lotus hebals colour dew deep sea,
Rimmel london 60 seconds camouflage,
Elle 18 nail pops 53,
Petites color fever seashell,
L.A girl disco brites light show,
Color mates nail art cocoa,
Color mates nail art tangerine,
L.A colors art deco orange,
Lotus herbals colour dew copper gold,
a striping brush,
a sponge,
and N.Y.C extra shiny top coat.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments: