Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Crumpet's new 31 day challenge Day 11 splatter

Hello!

It's day 11 of the Crumpet's new 31 day challenge and today's challenge is splatter nails. I've never had much success with splatter nails, but I actually like how these came out. My previous attempts been horrible failures, but I think I've finally gotten it down.


My thumb got a big gob of polish, so it's not so much a splat as a splot. But I think the other nails look nice!
 
I started with a base of  creamy purple and splattered with a dark purple and a gray. I thought the way these two gobs of polish on my thumb melded was sort of interesting, almost like water marbling.
 



Here's the polishes I used:

L.A colors hardener/strengthener,
L.A colors color craze tropical breeze,
Color mates metallic venom,
Petites Color Fever vintage gray,
and N.Y.C extra shiny top coat.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. what pretty color choice. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty purple splatter! nice job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never thought it possible but it's quite a subtle splatter, I love it! x

    ReplyDelete