Friday, November 16, 2012

Starry night nail art

Vincent Van Gogh has always been my favorite artist. I used to have coloring books with his art and I think this is a little bit like that! Today's 365 prompt was to recreate a famous work of art, so I had to choose starry night.
Mine doesn't do justice to the original but I still love them. I looked around google for other people's versions, but I couldn't find any I liked so I just winged it. I have a big framed poster on my bedroom wall, so I just used that to try to copy it onto my nails.
 
I painted the cypress tree on my index finger, the moon on my thumb, and the sky on the rest of my fingers.  
I started with a base of blue and swirled lots of blues, yellows, and oranges into the stars and sky.


 

Here's the polishes I used:

L.A colors Hardener/strengthener,
Wet n wild wild shine bijou blue,
L.A colors art deco yellow,
L.A colors art deco dark blue,
Sally Hansen insta-dri jumpin' jade,
EN-VY blue my mind,
L.A girl disco brites light show,
Essence colour and go little miss sunrise,
N.Y.C water street blue,
Orly star of bombay,
L.A colors color craze sea shell,
a striping brush,
and Quick dry top coat.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment