Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Re-painted book box

I bought this book box about a month ago because it was on clearance. I planned from the start to re-paint it since it's a bit girly looking.
And I even thought ahead and remembered to take before pictures! Usually I only remember five minutes after I've started painting or cutting into the thing.







I started by painting the whole outside black with acrylic paint and the inside a dark blue.

Then I used a stencil to paint a black cat on the inside cover over the blue.

I also did leather looking triangles on the corners, and binding on the spine.



I really love how it came out, I wasn't sure if I would like the end result. But I think this is a great improvement considering how it looked in the beginning.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment