Sunday, August 19, 2012

Guest post from Northern nails

Hi to all of Alexandria's readers here at A Girl and her chicken named Betty. I wanted to do a mani that reflects Alexandria's style of nail art which is vibrant ,youthful and fun so I decided to do something from my youth! I am not known for being good at freehand but I thought I would give it a go and came up with this I hope you all like it :D

I present to you my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles mani!


For this mani I used:
Base Colour: Kiko, 391.
For the bands:
Pinky: No7, Devils Delight.
Ring Finger: OPI, A Grape Fitti.
Middle Finger: OPI, A Roll in the Hague.
Pointer: Kiko,336
Thumb: Colour Club black striper, Collection 2000 ,white.
Wobbley Eyes!

First I applied two coats of Kiko 391 on all my nails , Kiko doesn't have names on their polish bottles but the website describes this as a Grass Green, I think it is much brighter than that. Then I started to paint the face masks on each of nails to reprsent each of the turtles!


Raphael wears a red mask
Donatello wears a purple mask
Michelangelo wears an orange mask
Leonardo wears a blue mask


Then I outlined them with colour club black striper, then I put a top coat on and placed two wobbly Eyes on each mask, I love how this turned out! For my thumbI tried to write the TMNT logo out with a dotting tool in black first then when it dried applied the white then to top it of I used Seche Vite to finish it all off! I really hope you enjoyed my mani as much as I enjoyed creating it and Thanks again to Alexandria for letting me Guest Post on her blog. By for now .


I just wanted to say thank you so much to Jo for writing up this wonderful guest post!
I really love the nails, the googly eyes make them so cute!
Be sure to check out Jo's blog at Northern nails to see more of her designs and nail art.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this manicure, and it's nice to discover another blog :)

    ReplyDelete