First I covered the pages with duct tape.
Then I started taping them together.
Since two sides are shorter than the others I added a three inch strip to both of them.
Then I carefully taped the sides together and made sure all the tape was pressed down firmly.
I made a handle out of duct tape by taking two pieces and pressing them together. Then I put a piece on each side so there are no raw edges showing. I also put a strip of the tape around the rim of the bag to make it more sturdy. After all the taping I applied a little bit of modge podge to the edges of the outside of the bag. And finally I put some clear ( clear-ish) tape around the bottom edge of the bag.
And here's the bottom,
one of the sides,
the other side,
And the inside of the bag.
Animalia is one of my favorite picture books by far and sadly one of our many copies had gotten so worn and torn that it was on the verge of falling apart. I had seen on jo's country junction how she used duct tape to reinforce her bag, and I used that for mine.
Thanks for reading!