Thursday, April 14, 2011

nails over the week


I tried marbling on my nails for the first time which is a method of aqueous design.
I put drops of different nail polishes in a bowl and swirled them around with a toothpick.I put tape around my nail beds so the cleanup would be easier. Then I laid my nail on top of the polish and let it sit there for a minute before I lifted it out. This is the result.



The thumb nail is cookie monster and the rest of the nails are cookies.
The cookie crumbs were a bit harder than I thought they would be. I had to change browns so they would stand out right.






I was looking around my room for inspiration and saw some crayola crayons and this is what that led to. I did a base coat and then a black stripe with the a little squiggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment